The new series of The Only Way Is Essex has been met with mixed reactions from fans of the ITVBe show.
Sunday night saw the return of the popular reality TV show, but the new Essex natives got slammed by viewers who were less than impressed with the programme.
Following a mass cull on TOWIE, viewers waited with anticipation for the latest series, but some were left bitterly disappointed.
As well as several viewers saying “Rest In Peace #TOWIE”, one added: “TOWIE literally needs to throw the towel in now bring back Amy Mark Arg Lauren Maria Kirk”.
A second said: “This new Towie is awful it was ok in Thailand but I lost interest with the newbies their so young and talentless it’s a shame”.
Elsewhere, viewers complained about the young new show regulars who failed to click with those at home.
What the hell has happened to Towie ? I love the show but this new look and the new characters are just awful !!
— Alison Riley (@RileyAlibabe111) March 18, 2019
“I’ve watched TOWIE from day 1 but this new season is something else. Where are the normal cast members? Why are all the new ones fresh out of their GCSE’s? #TowieThailand”, said one person.
Another fan tweeted: “What the hell has happened to Towie ? I love the show but this new look and the new characters are just awful !!”
Mario Falcone recently also made his thoughts clear at the new additions to the cast of The Only Way Is Essex.
[Mario Falcone/ Twitter]
The 31 year old – who starred in 16 series of the hit ITVBe favourite – has claimed the show has “died” following the announcement of the new cast members.
Eight new faces have been added to the show after a whopping 10 members of the cast announced their exit earlier this year.
Writing to his 826,000 Twitter followers, Mario said: “Just seen the new 17 year old Towie cast members. Jesus RIP Towie.”
Credit: Source link