LOVE Card with DIY Clay Rose & Fence Embellishment with Hand Stitching // Stamp School This video is sponsored by Rubber Stamp Tapestry use coupon code: FRUGALJULY17 – 10% off everything in the store. Coupon expires July 31, 2017. Become a Peg Stamp VIP & get an instant coupon for 20% off RST stamps here: plus the deepest weekly discounts available! Offer expires July 31, 2017.
Clay: I used Sculpey 3 but you can use any kind
*You will need an oven to bake polymer clay or you can use air dry clay (let dry overnight) if you like
Pigment inks (clay)
Distress Oxide Inks (background and clay)
Dye inks (leaves and sentiment)
Peg stamp set Brambly Rose:
*I mentioned the fern stamp from this set:
Unmounted stamp set Country Lane:
White, kraft and green cardstock
Acrylic paint (optional) and 1/2″ flat brush for dry brushing:
Ink Blending brushes
Double stick tape
scissors, grass die cut, paper trimmer
Needle and thread
scallop punch (optional)
Before you begin get your clay roses make. If you are using air dry clay make the roses the day before.
1. Condition clay and roll into pea size balls. Flatten
2. Ink up rose stamps with pigment ink and stamp on the clay disks.
3. Bake according to package directions.
4. You can also paint the roses later if you like!
1. Make a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″card base from kraft. From White card trim a 4″x 5 1/4″ panel and make six 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ wide strips and two 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ strips. Die cut or tear 2 grass strips from green and punch or hand cut a scalloped oval from any color scrap.
2. Ink the white panel with blue using the scallop oval as a cloud mask then ink the bottom with green. Protect the top part of the panel with a post-it note! Spritz with water if using distress oxide ink for a fun effect!
3. Trim the fence strips so they have points at the top and ink with a blending brush and brown and grey ink. Ink edges with a sponge.
4. Assemble the fence directly on the card. Stamp rose vines over the fence. Glue grass at the bottom.
5. Poke stitching holes with a needle tool or tack on a foam pad. Back-stitch i the holes with green thread.
6. Glue roses on card. You can stamp a sentiment and add a bird like I did if you like!
LOVE Card with DIY Clay Rose & Fence Embellishment with Hand Stitching // Stamp School
Check out my NEW Essential Watercolor Course:
Enroll in my Craftsy Mixed Media Class:
Video production and Craft ideas: Lindsay Weirich
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Sign Up For The Frugal Crafter News!
For Sponsorships or Product Reviews:
Follow along and have fun!
Thefrugalcrafter Community on Facebook: Join in the fun!
Visit my blog:
Follow me on Pinterest: